Monday, February 14, 2011

45/365

joy of LOVE 14: jewelry

So I didn't take any pictures till like, 8pm. I didn't exercise, I even tried to take a nap. I am not feeling well & probably getting what everyone else has had for weeks now. My body is tired of fighting it off. Blah for feeling bad, blah for Monday me when I'm feeling bad.
This is a really special necklace the husband got for me. He told me it was our two hearts & bc of his job, we may not always be together but our hearts are.
Also a side note to this picture: how many different ways can you stand to make a picture of your neck look interesting. Turns out, not very many.
Now I'm going to bed.
DSC_0064.jpg

Updated. Thanks to J for telling me how to add vignetting to this shot. I agree it really adds something to it.

13 comments:

  1. Well, at least you found one good pose! ;) I love the necklace and the angle of this shot, how creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! What a sweet guy and a sweet necklace. I love the b&w.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful necklace. I love the contrast in the photograph. The black shirt paired with the light gray/ white skin makes for a great frame that draws the eye's to the necklace. A little vignette would also help direct the eyes a bit more from the lighter background. Typically our eye's focus on the brightest portion of the frame first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww beautiful necklace! Man, maybe I should start asking for some nice jewelry. hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually wondered the same thing when thinking of photographing a necklace I was wearing - not much you can do for a "pose".

    But your beautiful necklace is all this picture needs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the nice comments! @J - YES! Vingnetting would be an AWESOME idea. But I have a problem... I don't know how (or if it's even possible) to have both rounded edges on my picture AND vignetting. I use LR. Do you know how to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet story with the necklace. I really hope you feel better soon. It's no fun to be sick :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trisha, I think if you want a vignette and rounded corners, you have to export your picture with the vignette, then import it back again to add rounded corners. or if you have another editing program, you can use the "edit in" feature of LR to edit it there, then go back to LR to finish off. hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that necklace. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trisha, The work around that I found is to apply your rounded corners as normal. Then go to the lens correction section, choose manual mode, under Lens Vignetting, move the slider called Amount all way to the right, then adjust the midpoint to suit your taste. If you use lens profiles then I'm outta ideas. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will try that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gasp, J you're a genius! It totally worked! Thanks, I love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete